Thursday, November 20, 2008

Why I'm in

Lately, I almost lost why I’m so busy everyday. I’m glade that my Love Wan Lee together walking this path with me. I’m wondering why I’m in Nuskin Business for 1.5 years.

When I ask my self why? I almost forgot. There is one reason I’m into it when I recalled my memory how I started this business. It was started when I was backed to home to my parents during Chinese New Year. It supposed to be the year of 2007. Normally Chinese New year for young people almost going out all day night and did not stay at home. That was what I did for pass few years every time I cerebrating Chinese New Year. But during that year, I stayed at home more and do not feel like to go out. I realized my parent both are getting elder this year. I felt very sad when I look at both of their faces with more wrinkles, hair growth to be white. I recalled when I was a child, they are not look like that. It is real, because I was already 31 years old. How could they not reach to 50ths of their years? There is one thing being even real. They are getting into their retire age, as I knew them for so many years, with their working back ground, they do not have saving ready for retire. My father was a carpenter and my mother working for a nursery as cook. All the time, my father income to be the source of the operating cost of this family. And seem god was treated us very well, it just nice to fit the family, as for my mother’s income, 50% is consumed by our education fund, and remaining is helping to support family expenses to loosen my father’s burden.

As the only son for them and with only a 12 years old sister, this has alarming me to wake up and to take a deep look into the matter. I did pay them every month from my income. The question to me was, how much I need for them if one day they cannot work and had no income for their retirement age? And this day will come very soon. I did ask my mum how much she needs for now to sustain her self without working. She told me RM1000. That means I need RM2000 for both of them. I think that is reasonable minimum expenses for a family to be sustained comfortly. However, that is not a small amount of money to me, it is at least 3X of what I paid them currently. It could be more as price of goods keep increasing from time to time. What can I do? That is a first question raised to me. Wan Lee did remind me, they are my parent, I cannot run away from the responsibilities regardless of I like it or not. I like to thanks she reminded me as I’m responsible for that.

I decided to take ownership to find solution. There are allot of things I can do. I can do part time work. I started to look around. Believed me or not, there is not much part-time work can give me RM2000/month. There is two ways to create more income, doing a part time business or ask my company to pay me extra RM2000. I think the second option not likely will happen. Even it happen, it will be 5-8 years later and the extra money will be used up by my future children.

Things were fated to come when you need it, few weeks later after that, I meet Nuskin in a gathering with few friends of Wan Lee’s parent, after understanding the company and product. I was not attracted to it even the product show amazing result. Why, it is just another network marketing company, Nu Skin Enterprise. However, I was invited to their business opportunity meeting. Why not, I still go with an open mind. In there, I saw the complete company background and business plan. I was attracted by the business plan when I do a simple mathematic calculation, because I see something in it. It could help me to create income for my parent. And I know it will growth with my effort. It makes more sense to me. But I did not join immediately and they do not ask me to join although I’m so excited and start sharing with my friends. After two weeks doing company checking and product review, I call them and said I want to join. I joined Nuskin in March 2007 because of 2 reasons. One is to create income for my parents, two is there is no big capitol involve and is suite my convenient time.

Now, every month I did call my mum, "mum, did you receive a pay check from Nuskin?". This is why I keep doing it. That is the passion I’m doing this business. That is the reason I never fall back. I have to make sure they received a check every month. It started with a few 10 Ringgits. Until now a few hundreds at this moment, I know it will reach the amount one day. And this day will come. I know to create this is not easy as most people thought. It is the path I’d chosen and it is my responsible to deliver it. That’s why I’m a crazy guy which most normal people may want to avoid me. I chose to be a responsible son for them and that is the price I’m willing to pay.

The funniest thing I realized is, I received a pay check which is few X higher than my mum’s check from this company at the same time. I’m glade I’m in. A company compensates you more when you do great thing.

1 comment:

tightpantiz said...

just want you to know that i think u are a great person and i totally support what you do.