Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My last week at Portland, Oregon Part2

04 Aug 08:

It is 6am. I did not remember when I slept. I must have a noon nap as this is a noon time in Malaysia. It's time to go. I was so hungry. Wake up and after brush teeth. I packed my beg and went down reception. I ask "Hello! Good Morning. How to go to Convention Center?" I walked 5 minutes to reach the destination. I was so hungry at the time as it must be my dinner time already. I saw some people around a counter at the convention center. It was not much people here because too early I guess. I went into the Hall after registered and got my free drinking bottle (you are right, only one drinking bottle). Wah, the breakfast (my dinner) was served. Got hot dog, scramble egg, fruits juice, fruits. Fantastic, I ate all the way. After a while allot people come in. Some of their faces looks so familiar. Wah, it was started with a supper leader talk. The direction and road map is very clear. Ha, people around have to make it happen. I knew that... I have been to other convention specially the company with 'NUS'. Their convention is full with energy. This convention with beauty setup, but not much energy I can feel. Anyway, it is a great day 1 start of the convention. It continue until lunch and then go to the paper presentation. Wah, so many new idea and technical way to do work. Wah.. this one is good, that is very good. At 4pm.... cannot tahan.. walk back to Hotel and take a nap. 6pm back to convention center again. Because it is dinner time.. Continue by a speaker and then demo showcase, wah.. free "starbut" coffee, walk around the showcase and listen to those inventors tell and show me how their great idea and invention work. Oh.. really allot of things that I can use when I go back.. It end the day when I reach Hotel at 10pm. Wah, it is a compact day, I did not sleep well for the last 48 hours. It time to sleep. before that need to buy a phone card online... well well well. Got it and wait tomorrow need to call back...

05 Aug 08:

It is the second day of the convention, I wakeup at 4am instead and doing something online until 6am. Then nap again and go to convention ~7am. The convention started with breakfast (same type of food like yesterday) . Well, take some breah and egg juice for myself. Coffee then. The event started with speaker again, oh….. where is the energy? But the content is interesting where we will head to for the next few years. After lunch, got paper again, wah,, 3pm cannot tahan back to nap and meet some friend at 7pm for dinner (no dinner provided).

Yoh, we went to China town. Exited, exited, got other food to eat. Well, a group of people went to china town by bus (train cannot pass as the steel bridge close for expansion). Two Indians (vegetarian, cannot eat Chinese food) with us + one German, we are looking Indian food in China town, ha..…. Went to a 30th floor building got one “good” looking Indian restaurant there, but need to wait 1 hour. Wah, it is already 8pm. We went into a Lebonese restaurant. What is this restaurant? I do not know, but their naan damn good, soft and the smell of the naan slung into your lung. I ordered a special egg plant + chicken + Lebonese source, wah, that was very good…. I back to hotel 1030pm again. What, the heck another day….

No comments: